If I had time to roast potatoes for breakfast every single morning, I would. No doubt. Unfortunately I don’t have the will power to roll out of bed 45 minutes earlier than I already have to – waking up at 4:45am is enough of a struggle as is! But whenever I make these dreamy potatoes, I always make enough for Monday morning leftovers. What could be a better way to beat the Monday Morning Blues than to wake up to some awesome breakfast potatoes?
Well that is the plan for tomorrow morning in this house! I am have my weekly batch of potatoes in the oven right now. In 15 minutes, we will feast on these potatoes with eggs, toast, and bacon (for Adam). Of course you can’t forget the coffee either! This is by far our favorite breakfast, and the leftovers give us something to look forward to on Monday morning!
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1) Preheat oven to 400F.
2) Cut potatoes, pepper, and onion into 1″ size pieces. Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, chili powder, and garlic powder.
3) Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread seasoned potatoes out on baking sheet.
4) Roast for 30 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
5) Turn the oven up to 450F and cook for 15 more minutes.
6) Let them cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Time: active – 10; inactive – 45
What is your favorite weekend breakfast?